Under the general supervision of the Vice President Nursing & Clinical Services, is responsible for providing the Nursing and Patient Care Services departments, including Quality/Service Excellence, Risk Management and the Compliance Committee, with confidential administrative support, data analysis and reporting, project management assistance and other functions or duties as assigned to support departments.
Education: Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
Experience: At least one year of data analysis and, or executive support experience in healthcare or a business setting. Experience with data abstraction, analysis, spreadsheets and project assistance. Demonstrates proficiency in use of multiple computer programs and ability to translate data to appropriate graphs, power point presentations. Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities and to plan, organize and coordinate schedules across multiple departments.
- Performs administrative activities and tasks as necessary to enable the department to run efficiently.
- Handles sensitive information with a high degree of confidentiality and independent good judgment to ensure the integrity of all incoming and outgoing information in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Maintains statistical information and relevant reports for the Vice President of Nursing/Patient Care Services.
- Assists Vice President with bi-weekly payroll entry, productivity reports, departmental dashboards and monthly departmental budget reconciliation and variance reporting.
- Maintains data submission and reporting to NDNQI (staffing data, quality indicators, annual NDNQI Survey of the nursing staff. Maintains daily volume and staffing tracking workbook
- Assists with tracking of professional License expirations in collaboration with Human Resources and Clinical Department Heads.
- Maintains credentials files for contracted mental health service.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, and other information and proofreads copy for spelling and grammar to ensure clarity of final copy.
- Maintains the Patient Care policy and procedures database. Assists in documenting and maintaining patient care policies and procedures and associated manuals. Assists Patient Care Managers in ensuring they have most current hospital policies and procedures manuals on regular basis.
- Assists in management and maintenance of contracts, agreements, etc.
- Works with Directors and Human Resources to ensure job descriptions are current and departmental annual employee evaluations are up to date.
- Attends meetings as needed and records, compiles, and maintains minutes from meetings, distributing as necessary or required.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, and conferences.
- Compiles special reports as requested and prepares presentations as requested.
- Establishes, develops and maintains filing systems and data bases.
- Coordinate meeting calendars including scheduling meetings when necessary
- Keeps Vice President of Nursing and Directors informed by promptly relaying messages and managing/coordinating meeting calendars and changes to schedules
- Answers the telephone, logs calls and relays messages accurately
- Requisitions and stores supplies, coordinates office repairs, point of contact for central copier/fax/scanner.
- Assist in coordinating quality improvement activities and collaborating with senior and middle management and Quality Coordinator to create, maintain, and update the central repository for QI Plan data (Dashboard)
- Assist in preparation of annual evaluation of quality improvement activities and Quality Improvement Plan for the Board of Trustees.
- Assist in coordination of data collection and the analysis of data related to Quality Improvement Activities. Evaluates data for patterns and trends in health care delivery, customer satisfaction, compliance with best practices (any applicable regulations) and for effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist in the development of improvement projects
- Assist the Quality Improvement/Customer Care Coordinator in gathering and evaluating clinical data from the organization.
- Assists in gathering data from appropriate sources for the Hospital Consumer Assessment for Healthcare Providers (HCAHPS) for CMS. Assists in analyzing data for trends and opportunity for improved programming, service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Assist Risk Manager in the confidential handling of medico-legal correspondence and maintains a log of all medico-legal correspondence sent from the office.
- Maintains data base for RiskWeb, including updating and reporting and in-service training for RiskWeb including, Power Point presentations, test, and individual department training as needed.