Prepares food for Huggins Hospital Room Service.
- Prepares meals according to established recipes to insure nutritional compliance and maximize customer satisfaction as measured by test trays, comment cards and Press Ganey scores.
- Follows established guidelines pertaining to Food Safety.
- Delegates tasks as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates understanding of diet modifications and prepares food according to established diet guidelines. Adheres to correct portion sizes when plating food.
- Prepares patient meals tickets in the 45 minute delivery window.
Prepares all food for MOW, ADP and Functions.
- Insures that all MOW, ADP and Functions are prepared on time and correctly.
- Delegates or takes responsibility for delivery of ADP and Functions to insure on time delivery.
- Makes appropriate substitutions if necessary to provide the required amount of food.
- Is responsible for checking all function orders for completeness.
- Utilizes leftover food to minimize waste.
Works scheduled shifts in the Café
- Prepares Café specials daily according to Café specials menu.
- Cooks and prepares all Café foods. Stocks Café as needed following Café workflows and checklists.
- Operates POS system to insure proper revenue control.
- Consistently monitors Café for cleanliness and sanitary conditions. Corrects any cleanliness or sanitation issues promptly.
- Supervises and directs the Café Assistant and volunteers to insure portion control, correct sanitation and adherence to policies and procedures.
Complies with all cleanliness and sanitation policies.
- Gets/maintains Serv-Safe certification within 6 months of employment. Stores food properly: covered, labeled and dated. Follows First in First Out policy.
- Completes all tasks in a manner which prevents cross-contamination and time and temperature abuse. Continually cleans and sanitizes work environment.
- Complies with cleaning schedules to insure sanitation and cleanliness of all work areas and all equipment. Safely uses all kitchen equipment.
- Practices accepted sanitation standards including but not limited to: Hand Hygiene, wearing hair restraints, wearing aprons and use of gloves when handling ready to eat foods.
- Puts away incoming orders in the proper place and in a timely manner.